Jumping Up and Down - OMG, OMG!

No, my HOA did not change their mind about my renter. No, my dog did not become an angel overnight.  No, I still travel every other week.   No, we are not having a baby (well we sort of are but not in that sort of way).  So why the heck am I losing my mind right now?

I present to you Exhibit A.

MY watermelon!
O must have taken hella good care of my garden while I was drowning like a rat in Miami.  I think even he was surprised because he came running into the house today yelling, "Babe, you have to come right now!" He was mowing the grass so I obviously assumed something tragic happened.  And it very nearly did! While mowing he, thankfully!, looked down and managed to stop the mower before splattering my melon to pieces.  

I, for real, must be a gardening savant.  All those watermelon vines I said I would never plant again because they are too crazy?  Well, I think I take it back because I grew that thing from a Mother %$!@#!$ seed and I'm not going to lie - I kind of feel like God right now.  Not only that, but after closely inspecting the patch(es) we found at least 5 more getting started.

I present Exhibit B

Baby watermelon

Savant indeed, I say.  I know we can't even keep up with the production here so I've already told O - I see visions of a road side fruit stand in my future.  We can load up Clyde (the truck) and sell this stuff! Ok, maybe I'm taking it a little far.  We'll probably just visit a lot of people and give watermelons as housewarming gifts.  (Seriously).

I'm also feeling proud of the other accomplishments of my miracle garden while away. (Clearly that garden does better when I'm out of town).

I present Exhibit C

Jalapeno!

I have at least 5 of these beautiful babies coming in as well.

I present Exhibit D

Tomato!

Despite my best attempt to kill every tomato in my garden (no really, I did), I actually have two coming in!  Ok, I did not try to kill the tomatoes - I was given some advice by one of O's co-worker/goat farmer/real gardening savant people to pull the blooms off the tomatoes and cut off the runners so more nutrients actually go to the formation of tomato.  Well...by pull the blooms I guess I thought he meant get out the gardening shears and cut every bloom off.  Big oooops.  I was traumatized and I can't talk about it any further.

Also, as many of you know it's been a tough few weeks.  From the HOA problem to our mailbox being obliterated by a drunk/texting driver in the middle of the night - we've been pretty stressed.  So....I have to give a shout out to CWH and Stacygirl for coming to the rescue when we helped clean out the basement last weekend.  Not only did we not have to pay for a new mailbox, we are now the most envied rednecks on the block.  Free mailbox vs. Pride? Duh. Free mailbox. 





Comments

Popular Posts