April Showers....

Hopefully bring May flowers, because I for real cannot handle another second of crazy April.  Anyone else wanted to jump in front of a moving train this month?  The only solace of having my current job is that my schedule is predictable.  Not so much lately.

Our original plans for this month were thrown off first by my getting sick - requiring me to cancel a trip and move it forward a week.  Then O realized he had to go to Miami for work the week his parents were supposed to visit - requiring me to move a trip up.  I have had three back to back trips, a week at home with visitors, followed up promptly by two more back to back trips. I have felt like doing Kevin's signature scream in Home Alone practically every day since my parents visited back in March.  So, if you are wondering where I have been - the answer is probably behind the wheel of a car or collapsing onto a pillow at 9pm every night.

So, in the interest of not being super neglectful to this blog, here is a quick list of recent happenings.


  • Our Lifetime Fitness finally opened. Not that I have had time to go more than once yet, but LOVE.  That place reminds me of a cruise ship. 
  • I'm officially back into the running groove of things.  I got into the Peachtree Road Race lottery and I figured as long as I am running 6.2 this summer, I might as well beef it up to 13.1 for the fall.  I'm officially registered for this race.  Not excited about summer training.  Definitely excited about another finish line (I hope).
  • I'm reading Beautiful Creatures - it's decent YA fiction.  Final verdict pending. Still haven't seen the movie.
  • The garden is tilled and partially planted.  I bought two tomato plants this year and the rest I started from seeds: squash, brussel sprouts, jalapenos, red pepper and...of course...watermelon.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed watching The Place Beyond the Pines - Ryan Gosling was incredible. 
I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, but I'm too tired to conjure it up at the moment - forgive me.  I promise a more lucid blog in the near future. 

Comments

Popular Posts