I Run for Pizza

If I could have taken a picture for you guys this week it would have been my big, fat, greasy, delicious slice of Domino's hand-tossed jalapeno and mushroom pizza on Sunday. If you recall, I was in quite a pickle over Sunday's run. I'm happy to report that I did, in fact, run 2 miles. In fact, they were the fastest 2 miles to date coming in around 21 minutes. I really wanted to chow down on some pizza so I bargained with myself and completed my run in exchange for a little slice (or 3) of heaven. Omar tells me, "I guess we know what motivates you." You've got that right, Omar. Pizza.

Since I'm rather behind on the blog I'll go ahead and run down (no pun intended) the rest of the week for you. While there was no pizza dangling from a stick in front of me, I've still managed a fair amount of motivation this week. Tuesday, I upped the run to 3 miles. I blew threw the first two miles...heck, I should right? I've been running 2 miles for like weeks. I got to about the 2.5 mile mark and hit wall. Walk. Hmph. What I wouldn't give for my 18 year old spunk again...sigh. Despite this, I still turned in what I consider a pretty fair time for myself...somewhere around 35:20. Slow for the rest of the world, lightning fast for me.

Tonight I am writing to you after another 3 mile run with my girls Laura and Kristina (shout out!). We waited until about 6:45 at our scenic location of Okeeheelee Park, but the sun was still blazing. We took off anyway with the sun bearing down at a cool 90-ish temp. As expected, the first two miles went pretty smoothly (except I forgot my inhaler and my lungs were screaming). I kept checking my GPS app to see where we were...one of those pesky side cramps was forming and I felt like we had been running much longer than 3 miles. The blazing sun was doing nothing for me either. Right around 2 1/4 miles I say, "I think I need to walk." My dear friend Laura refuses me this luxury and tells me to slow down a little, but not walk. Not wanting to be a sissy I plodded along. I mean, let's face it, I already run embarrassingly slow...sissy AND slow = really embarrassing. Alas, we made it! Around 36 minutes. Woof. We rewarded ourselves with some yummy sushi for dinner (which was, honestly, the best part of the run). So, thanks for making me continue to run Laura....even if I told you I hated you. Another run completed!

Comments

Popular Posts