Sassy Shoes


Maybe it's just me, but I think a new pair of shoes can actually give you super powers. I was feeling pretty sassy in my kicks today. I'm loving them just a little bit. Also...a bit of left out information for you readers. I'm actually on week 3 of this running thing and finally decided to blog after http://www.runnersworld.com/ told me to. My schedule so far has consisted of runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays....so look for posts on those days. If I didn't post, I didn't run so you have permission to leave nasty comments. (At no other time may you do so).

Have you ever heard the phrase: "Fake it 'till you make it"? That's kind of how I felt on my 6:15 am run today. Yes, I actually got up to beat the heat today (I think I may be getting more inspired). I was one of those people on the road before sunrise this morning. Other runners out there on the streets of Wellington cheerily waved at me as they passed as if to say, "Hi fellow runner, isn't this spectacular?" I, of course, cheerily waved right back as if to say, "Oh yes!". Case in point: fake it 'till you make it. Real runners don't know I'm a fake runner (they could be fake too for all I know...). Of course I don't love waking up early, swimming through the Florida humidity, and shuffling along at a turtle's pace. There is something to be said, however, for a different perspective, time alone, and some pretty good Pandora tunes (the Black Eyed Peas station is really good, surprisingly). I was a little perkier today given the recent deluge of motivational propaganda I've been consuming, my super shoes and the fact that only 2 miles was on the agenda this morning (I've really come to love the number 2).
I took a different route today and my SportyPal app's GPS feature was actually working...the stars were in line. Omar later asked me, "Well, did you love it?" While I can't say I loved the run today...I'll have to admit that I felt pretty darn good. Let's just say if the whole 13.1 miles felt like that, I would be doing pretty good. I was much faster than my goal pace (13:54 per my runners world schedule) and came in at a whopping 24 minutes. I know it's only 2 miles but 2 miles is better than no miles; and since I didn't cross the 2 mile mark wanting to throw myself a pity party, we'll call it a good run. My next few runs are 2 milers and though I'm not sure how interesting I can make 2 miles sound (running them is pretty boring too): stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts