What A Week

Ugh, sorry folks. This week has been pretty crazy and I've been pretty lazy. I ran Tuesday evening prior to leaving town on Wednesday morning for Chi-Town on business. I took my running clothes and fully planned to run on Thursday morning, but that didn't exactly go as planned. I had a 4am flight on Wednesday morning and went to bed in the wee hours of the morning...2am...thanks to the company's generosity with an open bar tab. Needless to say, waking up at 6am to run did not happen...my first blip in my otherwise impeccable start to training. Thursday was another long day of meetings with a delayed flight out at 8pm that night. I didn't walk in the door until 2am again and slept long and hard until about noon on Friday. I did run another quick 2 miles yesterday before heading out to an all day concert. I was pleased with my 24 minutes flat (we were in a hurry to start tailgating...now that's motivation!). It was another late night and I'm writing this from the couch feeling like sitting right where I am until I move to go to bed. What to do? I'm bargaining with myself...if I don't run today, then I will run Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week. I'm noticing a pattern here. Open bars and tailgating = lack of motivation. Darn it. But happy hour is fun and running isn't. HARUMPH.

Comments

Popular Posts