Running Doesn't Stop When You're Moving...Huh?

Hello, faithful followers. As most of you know we have been quite busy with moving into a new house. I got a little off my running game, but not too bad considering the chaos in which I'm currently living in. Last Wednesday I officially closed on my very first and very own home! Before closing and moving, I dragged myself out of the bed early and sped down the street a mile and back trying to get in my 2 miles before all hell broke loose the next few days. I felt pretty sluggish and tired but still ran it at an acceptable 23:17. The next three days was a combination of getting all of my month end work done, moving, unpacking, moving again, and giving in and going to a bar (shout out to A&A who successfully got us relaxed and tipsy). Sunday morning came and I was due for a long run of 5 miles. I tossed and turned in bed for awhile until I talked myself into it and I took off into the Florida humidity cursing. It was a long, painful run given that I hadn't done very much in the past week leading up to this. I am very proud to say that I made it through all 5 miles (though my knees may never be the same). I even did it in a respectable time of 1:04. It's a little slow for most people, but I felt pretty good with that. I am even proud to report that I ran AGAIN yesterday. Just two miles, but I'm really trying to stick with that plan even though everything else around me is completely unruly. And that's really all I have to say for now. I was feeling guilty for not posting and you, no doubt, were feeling suspicious of my absence. Alas, dear friends, I can tell you that my running hasn't stopped while I'm moving. Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts