Ah, here it is. The flowers. The candy. The balloons. The Valentine’s Day schmorgasborg eating my coffee table. When I woke up this morning I came to the astonishing realization that I am never to be without a Valentine again. I will never wake up on Valentine’s Day and wonder if I will get flowers or wish I was going on a date. Wow.

Yes, I know this is a Hallmark holiday created solely as a revenue generating ploy(I worked there I should know), but I really am a hopeless romantic deep down. I loved making the elementary school Valentine’s boxes, despite the fact that every single kid gave every other kid the same exact Valentine. I felt special. I wanted the conversation heart that said, “Call me.” The one that said “Hey Baby.”

I have gone nearly four years of my life with accomplishing the astonishing feat of talking to the same person every day…literally, every day. I am never without that someone. My husband is my best friend, my comic relief and my hero. Of course he irritates me as well(we are married after all!), but without him I would never add my tips correctly, remember where my keys are, or make it out the door with my deodorant on. I love having a partner with whom I can share the weight of the day. Sometimes in life your own two feet aren’t enough to carry you. You need the feet of your friends and family and even the furry feet of your pets. Sometimes it takes a lot of feet to walk through life. I realize that I am one of the lucky ones. I have found my other “pair of feet” in this life.

Sifting through all the cards, candy, balloons and flowers I look up and there’s also that other pair of feet on the coffee table. The feet that carry me. I realize, I am not alone. And this, is the true miracle of today.

Comments

Popular Posts