Blogging Face Lift



Hello old friends. As you've probably realized by now...I'm not a very good blogger. Let's face it, it's probably not even possible to be a follower of someone this frivolous with her blogging responsibilities. Ah, well. I'm a free spirit, what can I say?

I'm giving my blog here a face lift and a new direction. I was previously inspired to run a half marathon and in order to coach myself through, I created a training journal here (albeit a very short lived experience). It's a tragedy, really, that you didn't get to experience all of my mishaps and misery...or maybe it's better. As you can tell from my photo here, I actually did cross the finish line-though not with a reasonable enough time that any self-respecting runner would bother publishing to the masses. It's really enough for me that I was able to buy a house, move, plan a wedding, execute a wedding, eat my way through it all (including holidays) and still cross any finish line this year. So, yes, I DID IT! And, I'm moving on. It's possible that I will run another half marathon but in the meantime I must think of something else to blog about.

Hence, my new title. Thoreau has always been a very earthy, organic and poetic influence on my outlook in this life. Now I don't sit around delving into Thoreau whilst smoking patchouli and eating Vegan or anything, but I like the guy. Most of all, I appreciate that he's a dreamer...an imaginist, if you will. Being the Pisces that I am (and no...I don't think my Zodiac sign has changed) my head is typically always in the clouds. I love to win the lottery, travel, drive new cars, name pets and children and design my dream home while I'm in those clouds. In short, I'm a dreamer too. I like the thought that if you can dream it, you can do it (or be it). Over time, I've managed to overcompensate for this part of my personality and have become a perpetual realist. My husband actually calls me a pessimist. Yikes, I've never been one of those before! You see, reality hits us dreamers a lot harder than most people. I have to be prepared for reality, for the worst-case scenario, or I feel crushed if my dreams don't come true. I think this is very typical of the Piscean crew, but maybe I'm the only crazy one.

At any rate, my new blog is devoted to keeping my dreamer-self alive. Don't worry, I'll hit you with a heavy dose of every day reality every now and again. Until then, imagine out loud!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts