Meet Ernie, Simon, and Thurman.

The insinkerator. Yes, the disposal. I had a plenty of good blogging material in my head today, but then Ernie crept in there and I just couldn't leave him off the page today. Most of you who know me, know that I have a tiny little problem with personification. Almost every inanimate object has a name and a personality in this household. The scary part is, it's rubbing off on Omar. Those of you who know Omar, know that he is a very practical, numbers kind of guy. The exact moment I knew that I had infiltrated that wiz of a mind of his, you ask? Well, right about the time he named Ernie here. I should back up-this is actually Ernie II. Ernie I was originally named in Austin, so it's been awhile.

The key lime tree I purchased for Omar actually put my brain on the path to Ernie today. When we went to pay for him (yes, him) yesterday, Omar told the guy to tag him as Simon. Yes, that's right, we now have Simon the lime tree (or Simon the Lime Mon). Imagine my pride when Omar brought little Simon home today, nestled him snug in his pot and put him in a nice sunny spot to bask! Such a proud papa.

In other news of today, I went to pick up the little gopher turtle we rescued on the side of the road the other day. Gopher turtles are evidently an endangered species here in Florida and this little guy was in need of some medical attention. We had taken him to the Wildlife Hospital for some rehab and in learning about gopher turtles, we learned that we would need to pick him up to return him back to where we found him. Gopher turtles live a loooooong time and they live in one 'hood in one house for their whole lives. If this little guy didn't get to come back home, then he would really be out of sorts forever. This really tore at Omar's heartstrings. Upon his release today, Omar said, "Goodbye Thurman!"

And so here we are, feeding lunch and dinner to Ernie, sunning Simon the Lime Mon and being neighborly with Thurman. Don't let anyone tell you that marriage doesn't change you...right Omar?

*wink*

Comments

Popular Posts