Y'all

Hey Y'all!

After my recent visit back to South Carolina, I am reminded of what I am missing by living here in Florida. Here are just a few tasty tidbits for you to mull over (my apologies in advance for the vent):

1. Even the gas station attendants strike up a convo with you in SC. People do not make eye contact, much less mutter a hello in Florida.

2. People politely yield to fast and slower drivers on the road by changing to the appropriate lanes in SC. People ride your ass, weave in and out of traffic, or refuse to move over if on a retired Sunday drive in Florida because they feel entitled.

3. I did not see one chain restaurant in my time in SC. I saw 100 chain restaurants on my street on the way home in Florida.

4. People try to kill you with their grocery carts in Florida and then act as if you were in their way.

5. The southern twang is much more pleasant to listen to than the grating sound of "Eh! Ova heyah!"

6. You don't need a reservation to at a restaurant at 5 pm in SC. You can't get into a restaurant at 5 pm in Florida.

7. Your neighbors have a greater likelihood of being cool and hanging out with you in SC vs. being disgruntled, retired North easterners with nothing better to do than to get other neighbors arrested.

8. SC doesn't have anything resembling a place called Miami.

9. You aren't ignored if you don't communicate in Spanish in South Carolina.

10. People wear flip flops to bars in South Carolina and men are not required to wear "dress shoes"

Long story short. Florida is lacking. I resolve to reside somewhere below the Mason Dixon line and above the Florida state line for the remainder of my days on Earth (as soon as possible).

Comments

Popular Posts