You Read Me Right

I am a Kindle convert.

Reasons I love the Kindle:

1. I can make the font absurdly large and easy to read (even though I still have 20/20).

2. I can hold the Kindle in one hand and a wine glass in the other.

3. My pages don't get wet in the bathtub (though if you drop the Kindle in the bathtub that is a whole other disaster)

4. I use my reading light like I live in a cave

5. Amazon tells me what books I will enjoy next

6. I don't re-read pages or lose my place as often

7. If I see a book review in a mag or on an airplane I can buy that book instantly (on Omar's credit card of course)

8. The books are cheaper

9. You don't need to wrangle the pages on a windy day at the beach.

Things I don't like about the Kindle

1. I can't take a good sniff of the pages and transport myself back to my bookseller days

2. I feel a little guilty putting bookstores out of business...being that they are my passion and all...

Sigh. What's a reader to do? Alas, technology and passion collide.

Comments

Popular Posts