Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels


Come on. Does this really sound like a motto that yours truly could possibly live by? As I was driving home from the unhappiest place on Earth (Miami) at 3:00 PM today, my brain was starting to shrivel up from the lack of food since 6:30 AM this morning. Normally, I never miss a meal but I was thwarted by Miami spring break traffic today and literally had no time for food (reason # 8,152,954 why I hate that place). Sure that I would careen off the road from lack of carbs I waited until I got to a "safe" exit (read: no traffic) to hit up the old Mickey D's. Despite my desperation to quell the monster, I remained sane at the drive through window and held to a Happy Meal. The caloric trauma of this meal is miniscule compared to the alternative of passing out and slamming into the I-95 median.

As soon as the first fry hit my lips, the blood flow returned to my brain and I contemplated the notion of "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" which someone said to me the other day. I was thinking "Wrong-O pal! These fries are like an oasis in the desert." This further led me to decide that I could never, ever, EVER be anorexic. It's decidedly impossible for the following reasons:

1. I lose all brain function if I go too long without food-I literally lose my decision making ability (ask my siblings-it's genetic)
2. I am a supreme bitch if I haven't eaten (ask Omar and, again, my siblings-it's genetic)
3. I love food (especially McDonald's fries)
4. I love food
5. I love food

And in case you were wondering if you could partake too then rest assured, you can.

Hamburger: 250 Calories, 9 g fat, 520 mg sodium
Small Fries: 230 Calories, 11 g fat, 160 mg sodium.

A little high on the sodium side but everything else is just fine to throw into your day in a dire moment (including hangovers)

So, in case my title was worrisome to you, don't worry. McDonald's fries will always taste better than skinny feels-especially in a moment of crisis.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts