Slumdog Millionaire

A picture is worth 1,000 words they say? Well, I've resorted to dry cereal and water and that's pretty sad. We are in this weird limbo where you want to leave the room so bad you can't stand it, yet you don't want to spend any more money or calories eating out. I guess I could take my Kashi box on a morning picnic? No, that doesn't sound right either.

It probably sounds like we complain a lot for two people who are so happy to be in Alabama. I shouldn't say we, I should say me. Well, it's been a long road - from not being able to sell the house, to renting the house, to having an evil HOA, to living in a box with three animals and two humans, to not being able to close on time, to having bronchitis, etc. Let's just say that no matter how happy you are to be moving anywhere, transition is still hard. Thank God we really do love it here so much; so deep down it really feels soooo worth it - kind of like a weird pleasure/pain receptor (do with that what you will).

And see that big 'ol box behind my Kashi? Laying on top there is our half marathon training calendar. I haven't updated on running a while so let's just say - I know where the plan is (obvi) and I have not forgotten that we are running a half marathon in a mere 8 weeks.

Gosh, when you put it that way it sounds scary - but I digress.

We are running. Barely. But we are. Hopefully the lights and sounds of Las Vegas will help with that last little bit of oomph we need to cross the finish. After all, who wouldn't get pumped watching this:

http://bcove.me/kdswaxu2

Comments

Popular Posts