Hobbylicious

Hi friends, family and random readers. I have been quite remiss in my blogging lately. Time flies when you are having fun! So...I thought I would update you all on a few of my most recent hobbies that have kept me busy doing things other than blogging.

The Annual Beach Trip


I have previously described this task as being akin to climbing Mount Everest in a blizzard - with no oxygen. Hours spent pouring over website after website to find the perfect location, the perfect number of rooms, the perfect week, the perfect location, the perfect amenities and perfect budget for 10+ people. Despite being on the verge of sinking even further down into my (huge) bottle of wine over this trip this past week, alas, I had success. The picture above is actually a photo of the Blue Mountain Beach area of Florida (think in between PCB and Destin in a quiet part of town) where my family will converge in September. I think there will be just enough time between now and then to recover from the trauma of finding the damn place to actually enjoy it. Perhaps I will even hang on to my paddle board for a bit longer - that water looks pretty paddle board friendly.

"Pin All The Things!"


Pinterest. The land of milk and honey. Or random recipes, home decor ideas, funny quotes and virtually anything else you can imagine. You could get lost for days in there. You will inevitably emerge bleary eyed and excited to try something new. I like Pinterest because it gives me ideas about what cook without really having to put much effort into it (besides the cooking of course). I just peruse the boards of my friends and followers and Sha-Bam! - this awesome looking pasta salad shows up in my kitchen. Ok - it doesn't just show up. It involved a lot of mis-measurements, inadequate utensils and cursing but it's kind of delicious and it will last me this whole week.

"It's sprouting!"


Vegetable gardening! Now that I live in the country and have a 1/2 acre of land to stare at I figured it's time to get down and dirty and explore my talents in plant cultivation. Ok, talent is not the word. I actually have no green thumb at all. I'm impatient, I forget to water things, and pretty much everything under my watch dies. So why will this be any different? Well, I'm preparing myself that it probably won't be, but look closely at that photo. There is success in there - I have sprouts!! This windowsill tray is designed to get your sproutlings going and then you transplant them outside (I learned that vegetable gardening doesn't actually start outside at Home Depot this weekend-who else knew that?). I have jalapenos, tomatoes, kale, okra and onions in there. I would have bought more seed packets but O dragged me out of there. I'm not sure he shares my enthusiasm seeing as how he will have to till the land - but he did get kind of excited over my sprouts!




Purple Magic. As many of you know I have upped my game in the exercise world to at least 4 days per week - I sometimes nail 5 or 6 days. I haven't been running as much, but mostly because my Ravennas are slap wore out. They went through all the Vegas training AND the Vegas 1/2 marathon and I'm still wearing them. I've spent hours (ok months) deciding on my next shoe - I wasn't in love the with Ravenna to begin with. These are the shoes the good people doing the running analysis at the expo recommended for me. I would have bought them there, except by the time I decided to bite the bullet they were sold out of my size. Boo. Instead, I've been pinching pennies, waffling over whether to go ahead and spend the $120 bucks on these bad boys. So, therefore, I've spent a lot of hours on Zappos. This is the week. I'm doing it. No whammies.

Hoping you all are enjoying the spring weather and finding new hobbies to enjoy as well!

Comments

Popular Posts