End of Insanity

Well, I didn't even make it one month through Insanity.  I was going to take you readers along on my 60 day journey, but since I quit I guess we won't be doing that anymore.  Here is my explanation.  I quit for the following reasons:

1. Knee Pain.  I like to think I'm a pretty hardy individual.  I have been continuously working out at least 4-6 times per week for months.  After Week 1 of the Insanity work out, I could not walk down stairs.  And it wasn't the, "Oh that was a really hard workout I'm so sore pain." It was deep, not muscular and aggravating to say the least.  (Especially when my job requires me walking up and down people's stairs all day).

2. Shoulder Pain.  I'm pretty sure I've done some kind of irrevocable damage to my shoulder/rotator cuff.  I've been off Insanity for about a week and every time I roll over at night I'm still awakened by jarring pain.  Also not muscular pain.  I can deal with sore muscles after a workout but this is quite different. Sigh. 

3. Weight Gain.  Ok. So this is pretty vain of me because I know muscle weighs more than fat.  You know how you gain weight sometimes when you start a new workout?  Well, I think my muscles were both developing and distressed leading to water retention and weight gain.  Like 6 or 7 pounds worth! WTF.  I can't have that.  I know it's muscles, etc. but I was happily moving along with my regularly schedule program while dropping a dress size before.  So back to that I go.

The unfortunate part is that I quit doing the workouts to give my body a break (while wishing the pain away) and I'm completely off kilter now.  You know how you get in this great routine where you feel like you will DIE if you don't go work out?  Yeah, it feels out the window right now.  I need to seriously pick myself up and get back to the regularly scheduled program at the gym.  Right now, in the lull, all I want to do it sit in my comfy pants order pizza.  Noooooooo!!!!  Make. It. Stop.

So if you need me, I'll be trying to recover my motivational spirit after it was decimated by Insanity.  Thanks for nothing Shaun T.

Comments

Popular Posts