Insanity - The Beginning

I'm sorry that I've gone another month without blogging!  What better excuse to come back to the blogosphere than chronicling the next 60 days of workout hell?  I'm going to get to the bottom of this Beachbody.com nonsense for myself and take you along with me.  Let's see how this really works...(if I don't die first).

Now that I have been working out at least 4-5 days per week, I've decided to take it up a notch and add in Insanity - which, by the way, is the truth.  This program is totally ridiculous hard.  Originally I was all, "Neat! I will supplement my regular workouts with a cool home video workout (think two-a-days). Reality: I can barely walk after day 1 of this program, which either means it's working or I'm just far more out of shape than I thought.  I'm not sure I will be doing two of anything for a while.  BUT, I am committing to 60 days with Shaun T - A. because I paid for it and B. it will be a fun experiment to share with the interwebz.

Even the "warm-up" in this video has me begging for mercy.  My advice so far: don't try this at home. Ok, kidding - that's the point right?  But seriously - wear a heart rate monitor because you are going to want to know when your heart is about to explode that you should stop.  Press pause until you get it back under control (Shaun T doesn't know).  You will need plenty of calories and water or you will get a raging migraine headache (like I did yesterday).  It probably also didn't help that I probably didn't breath properly (let's face it - I could barely breath at all).  When you are doing silly things like "ski abs" and "Push up jacks" not falling on your face takes more concentration than proper breathing. 

I did take a before picture, but we will see what the after photo looks like.  If there is a drastic difference (and a spray tan) between now and then, I might share it.  Otherwise....well....I may leave that to your imagination.  Watch the video above for a glimpse at the voluntary torture I'll be going through.  If you feel so motivated - buy it yourself.  Misery loves company.  And if you have already done it before - I'd love to hear how you felt about it.

Comments

Popular Posts