The proof is in the...

well, it's probably not in the pudding, but here is proof anyway.  I have not completely killed the plants in my garden yet!

I harvested the kale today because it was getting really big and wild.  I was a little worried it would die if I didn't go ahead and pick/eat it and then my efforts would be in vain.  So, like any naughty kid in the candy store - I opted for instant gratification.

You can also see here my one little okra pod.  I don't guess I will be able to make a big meal out of him, but I'm sure I can try.  Funny, this pod came from my smallest okra plant.  My biggest plant is at least 4 feet tall and all it's managed to produce is brown pods - which I haven't figured out yet. Hmph.

Not pictured (obvi) are my out of control, hairy watermelon vines.  I keep re-arranging them so as to not disturb the rest of the garden but they grow...and grow...and grow. No melons yet! Though there have been many flowers...

Tomatoes and jalapenos have also flowered but no sign of fruit yet.  Hopefully this big rain will prompt them to do something special soon.

I have not killed much yet so even if this is all I get out of this garden this summer - I will consider it a roaring success.

Comments

Popular Posts