Barcelona, Lent and What-Have-You

Let's just call this the random happenings blog.

Folks, I am still reading The Passage.  That is definitely a book you get your money's worth out of.  I do tend to read a lot more when I'm traveling and alone. So, to be fair, I have been on a bit of a reading hiatus  When I'm at home, all I want to do is catch up on DVR and sleep....oh yeah, and spend time with the hubs of course. If it weren't for all of this recent rain, I usually also head for the running/walking trail around here as well.  Let's just say that I'm kind of on a workout hiatus too - yikes - gotta get my groove back....some sunshine would help.

Announcement: A major bucket list item is going to get crossed off for O and I in 2013 and we are beyond excited.  You just don't know how many opportunities you may get, so you have to seize them when they come up!  I bit the bullet this week after watching airfares like a hawk the past few months.  We have one way tickets to Barcelona and a one way journey back to US via the brand spanking new Carnival Sunshine (the link is an awesome YouTube video of the new ship).  Not only are we getting to spend a few days in Barcelona, but we are getting to see some awesome Mediterranean and Caribbean ports including Mallorca, Malaga, The Canary Islands, and Grand Turk.(Itinerary here). I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about spending 16 days in the middle of an ocean, but there is no reward without risk as they say.  I've also been pouring over hotels in Barcelona - you know I am obsessive about finding perfect accommodations for every trip I plan.  Barcelona is expensive and gorgeous and nearly every hotel  I looked at seemed amazing.  And then I met Violeta Boutique and my search just ended.  Kind of like when you meet the person you know you will marry.  The stylish charm, location, price and reviews made this place a done deal - love at first sight. This will definitely be a blog-worthy adventure of a lifetime. Squeeeeeal!

I've joined Twitter and become officially obsessed.  I don't know where I've been all this time.  I was really late on the Facebook thing too.   Follow me here and experience all the joy that is instant news, celebrity re-tweets, and current events.

Ah, the season of Lent is upon us.  I never gave anything up for Lent as a kid.  I"m not really sure why, I just think it maybe wasn't a big thing at the church I grew up going to.  I've tried a couple of times in adulthood with some success.  Lent always takes me by surprise because it seems so far from Easter and then I'm all like: Ah! what can I give up?  I saw this post by RethinkChurch and I thought - hey, how about instead of giving up something for 40 days, how about trying to do something for 40 days.  I mean Jesus didn't just give up things during that time right?  He also did some stuff - like pray and reflect. So, instead of giving something up for Lent, I'm going to do this #40days (Twitter-speak) project instead.  Since trying to blog 40 days of photos is probably not going to happen, if you are interested in my interpretation of this project you should catch me on Twitter or Instagram.   As an aside - WWJD with all this social media? Deep thoughts.

I think that is all of the randomness I can squeeze in to today's post.  Hope this week is treating you all well.


Comments

Popular Posts