DIY {fail}

It's February 17th. Our Christmas wreath is still hanging on our front door.  You see my problem.

I dragged (drug?) O to Hobby Lobby today super stoked about my Spring wreath project:

The Hydrangea Wreath



I was expecting to walk up in that place, gather up all my supplies and walk out for $30 bucks or less.  Wrong.  Those silk flowers are $6.99-$11.99 depending on the size and I needed at least 9-11 blooms to fill out the small wreath.  This little Saturday project was about to cost me $80-$100 bucks + the 10% raping that is Alabama sales tax.  After throwing a mild tantrum in the aisle, O located some 50% off flower garland and some bright spring colored flowers that were much cheaper. So, I added all of that to the basket and we walked to the checkout when I threw tantrum #2 - proceeding to stalk back to the aisle and put everything away muttering obscenities to the silk flower powers that be.  I wanted hydrangeas dammit. I Googled coupons on the i-phone to no avail.  40% off of one regular priced item? Uh, I needed 40% off my entire purchase.

So here I am, sitting here blogging to you good people, wreath-less and grumpy.  Humph. 



Comments

Popular Posts