Travel Blues

I'm really just too brain dead from driving to put together anything very spectacular for you so this is just a quickie update.  It was harder than usual to leave this week.  I don't really know why, but I think I'm just really tired of being in constant motion.  The revolving cycle of road trips is wearing me down.  Sigh.  Every trip, my sense of foreboding increases exponentially.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but after working in insurance for so long it is literally my worst fear to die or be seriously maimed in a car accident.  I basically drive assuming that every person on the road is going to kill me.  I think that is also called defensive driving, but could just be insane / semi-agoraphobic.  The unfortunate fact is, that my odds are higher than most because I spend so much time on the road.  O added up the miles from my GPS one time (you know it keeps track unless you reset it - which I haven't), and it was something insane - like months - behind the wheel.  Yikes.

In less depressing news, I'm currently working my way through The Passage by Justin Cronin.  It's definitely very intriguing and, in my opinion of course, extremely well written.  I just hit the 150 page mark and now I'm really getting into the good stuff.  As with any "epic" novel over 700 pages, it's best to give yourself a good 100-200 before you make a judgement on it.  It takes that long just to introduce all of the characters, etc.  I'm reading this in "real book" form which has, honestly, been a little challenging because it's so big. First world problems right?

In a complete change of subject - my closet is seriously deficient.  Normally, I don't even care.  All of my extra money goes to bills or savings.  Since I don't go into an office everyday, I can pretty much get away with the same 5 work outfits each road trip.  Yes, it's really boring and of course I wish I had millions to spend on new clothes - but I'm a minimalist.  This becomes a lot more of a concern when you are meeting celebrity's stylist for an appointment.  Just know, I would be less nervous about meeting the celebrity than the stylist.  I'm all, "Hi, these are my LOFT pants from 4 years ago and my shoes from Target and I haven't had my hair cut in a year."  Sigh.  Anything but the stylist.  Maybe my Gucci perfume will cover up the mortification? Maybe.

Tomorrow is hump day.  I will survive.  Hope y'all are all surviving as well.  Peace, Love and Target shoes my friends.


Comments

Popular Posts