March Happenings + Birchbox Update

Be forewarned, I will probably try to cram about 45 blog topics into one ginormous update here.  Life has been a total whirlwind lately!  I had a really hectic last work trip; and with my being run down lately combined with O's nasty cold/upper respiratory thing, life basically exploded into the perfect storm of plague for me.  Last Monday I woke up all packed and ready to go on my next work trip except I couldn't talk, my throat was on fire and I was pretty sure I was going to drown in my own snot (sorry - TMI - but true).  After a hasty 6 am call to the boss lady, I gathered what was left of my wits and dragged myself to the urgent care.  I basically mimed my way through the appointment because I had no voice left, but I think they got it because the doc sort of raised his eyebrows and ordered up a couple of immediate shots and two prescriptions.  Strep throat, laryngitis and O's nasty cold on top of it all - awesome.  So now I'm behind at work for the foreseeable future. I have like three back to back trips scheduled, so that should be fun. And I'm still snotty and coughing and in various stages of misery here.  Forget running this past week - I barely made it off the couch to eat.

Luckily we had a really nice visit from my parents before I started my imminent decline.  We celebrated our birthday dinner at one of our favorite local hot spots - Gianmarcos.  I would link to their website, but they are old school Italian and they are a word of mouth kind of joint.  It is nearly impossible to get a reservation, but they are always worth it!  If you are even passing through Birmingham, it is a must stop eatery with great food and wine and all the grumpiness you would expect of a true Italian family-run place.  Oh, and it's tiny...and loud...and tiny.  But worth it, trust me.  

So let's talk about the March Birchbox arrival - because I know that is far more appealing than my current physical state.  



Item 1: Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream 


Buy here

This product is worth the whole Birchbox price this month.  O.M.G. This allows for probably the closest shave I have ever had on these legs.  This is more like a thick lotion than a lathering shave cream, but it is amazing.  No nicks and no dry skin.  I also enjoyed the Blueberry sample scent, though there are others to choose from as well.  I have seen the light! Love, love, love this product. 5 big shiny stars for this one. My only complaint is that the sample disappeared all to quickly.

Item 2: Stay Don't Stray Primer

Buy here


Truth be told, I haven't really had much occasion to try this product out yet.  Since getting the box, I haven't been doing a whole lot of making up my face in my sorry state.  I can't really offer much a review on this one yet...

Item 3: Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum

Buy here

Once again, I haven't had cause to use this as of yet (thankfully). I'm sure a giant blemish on my face will probably be my next affliction though.  Hopefully this is good stuff because every lady needs a good pimple buster.  I will have to take a review rain check on this one also.

Item 4: Caldrea Body Lotion

Buy here

Ok, so the lotion is good but the sample packets they send you are a complete joke.  They are seriously tiny and I put one packet on one leg after shaving.  While I enjoyed the scent and that the lotion was creamy without being too greasy, there wasn't really enough for me to run to the computer and order this stuff.  I will give this product 2.5 out of 5 stars.  Ok lotion, tiny sample.  Boo.


Item 5: Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board

Buy here

It's a nail file.  I don't know what more you can say about this.  Not worth it's $2 value in my opinion and I definitely would never pay it's advertised $5 price to purchase from Birchbox.  A solid 1 out 5 stars here. 

And that's all folks! I know there is probably a lot new things I am leaving out, but hopefully this update satisfies your curiosity about the goings on here in Alabamaland.  I promise to try to blog again soon - you know - in between trekking to and fro across the southeast.  Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts