2014: Year In Review

Well, folks. I have been a woefully neglectful blogger in 2014. This year was full of many changes for our little family and not only did the year just fly right by, but I was so overwhelmed much of the time that blogging was the last thing I had any energy for at the end of each day. From our tiny readership base, I'm sure you all know that we moved and started new jobs this year. We have been incredibly successful this year in work, love and life - but it was not always an easy path to walk. So...resolutions for the new year? Maybe. I'm not big on resolutions necessarily but there are some things I would like to accomplish in 2015.


  • Blog more (I know, I know...)
  • Be more balanced in fitness - Running is wonderful, but I need to diversify my fitness portfolio.
  • Focus on small house projects with big impacts
  • Actually invite people over to see the new house
  • International Travel (check - London and Ireland trips are booked!)
  • Try a new race distance at least once

That is sort of a sad list, but the truth is - it's just nice to be settled and enjoying it. I don't feel the need to cram a bunch of useless goals into a new year. My biggest hope for 2015 is to just slow it down and enjoy all of the hard work we have put in this year.  That being said, let's take a look back at the defining moments of the year (at least according to iPhoto):

January 2014

For Sale. We put our little Helena home on the market and prepared for the big move back to ATL.


And .... A 10K PR

February 2014

Amazing trip to San Francisco to see our favorite cruise buddies!


March 2014

First Trail race - so a sort of PR. Bonus - got to run it with my big bro and make some great memories. Lil Sis + Big Bro Road Trip!


April 2014

We sold our house! 


And found a new one!


May 2014

We moved in with Mom and Dad and spent lots of time here on the porch in May while we patiently waited for our new house to be done.


June 2014

We finally closed on the new house! By the way if you had asked me how long this whole process was I would have said at least 6 months. Based on these photos, we probably sold and bought in record time comparatively to the rest of the world. Perspective - wow. 


July 2014

I quit my job. And got a new one. I had weeks off to unpack and chill out so I spent time with this beauty. 



August 2014

A work trip to Boston and Keith Urban Concert were big highlights.




September 2014

Family beach trip! A highlight every year. Especially as these kids grow up. I cherish the time with them so much. 




October 2014

Who could possibly forget camping in sub-freezing temps and wandering around Oktoberfest with a chicken on your head?


November 2014

Thanksgiving Half Marathon with my favorite twinkies. And ANOTHER race PR.



December 2014

Glass blowing ornaments in Chattanooga and Christmas festivities galore!





It was a fantastic year. We made it. We are settled. We adore spending so much more time with all of our beloved family members. And we sincerely hope that our prosperity continues into the upcoming year. Happy 2015 everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts